List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] [Kandy] non working
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-28 8:59:44

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Fulvio wrote:
> I got the chance to read some old post regarding why kandy doesn't send out
> any command to the mobile, which in my case is a SE z600.
> I would like to know how I can debug it. Is there any option or tool to figure
> out the data going across the assigned port?

Hi Fulvio,

If the phone connects through a serial cable, you might be able to use
ttypatch (available from sourceforge) to watch the flow of data.
Otherwise, some Google searches, say, on "debugging serial communications
in linux", might be helpful.

As for Kandy itself, I don't think it's under active development anymore,
aat least not by the original author. SO if it doesn't work with a given
phone you'll have to figure it out yourself. If the phone works with
gnokii, you may have more success with an app based on that. I know Marcus
Brueffer is working on a gnokii-based cellphone data manager that
integrates into KDE.