List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: [kpilot] Missing file in KDE-CVS
From:       Manuel Nickschas <kde () nickschas ! de>
Date:       2004-01-26 12:17:49

On Monday 26 January 2004 06:57, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> [CC to kdepim-users, since that's the best place to ask questions - more
> eyes to see the question, for instance.]

Should get onto that, then.

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Manuel Nickschas wrote:
> > I am not sure if that has been mentioned yet, but since shortly after the
> > release of KDE 3.2-rc1 (which marks, I suppose, the point where the
> > Osnabrueck branch has been merged), I can't compile kpilot any longer in
> > my CVS version of kdepim. The reason for that is a missing file:
> >
> > vcal-factory.cc:38:33: vcalconduitSettings.h: No such file or directory
>
> That's a matter of making sure you have (a) a 3.2 kdelibs with
> kconfig_compiler and (b) an admin/ dir in the kdepim directory from after
> the 20th or so. kconfig_compiler is supposed to be called on
> vcalconduitSettings.kcfgc (?) which generates the vcalconduitSettings.h.
>
> You might try to cd into kpilot/conduits/vcalconduit and make
> vcalconduitSettings.h, as well.

kdelibs are up-to-date. make valconduitSettings.kcfgc helped though and
created those files. Additionally, I needed make korganizerConduit.h.

But, since those make commands work, it does not seem to be a problem of
missing tools or obsolete admin dirs. It rather looks like the Makefile does
not include the necessary commands... besides, all the other conduits as well
as kpilot itself build without problems, and they seem to use the same
mechanism. It is only the vcalconduit that is broken.

> > a forgotten 'cvs add' or something like that. Or am I the only one with
> > this problem - and something is wrong with the cvs ebuilds that worked
> > until the release of rc1? Am I missing something else?
>
> It strikes me as a problem with the CVS ebuilds. The problem is that the
> build system has suddenly expanded to include KConfigXT as well, and I've
> gone and used it, and this breaks. Feh.

Well. Only in vcalconduit.

-- Manuel