List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    RE: [kdepim-users] Re: [Kde-pim] palm hotsync
From:       "Rep au" <rep_au () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-16 1:42:36

Jg,

I had a lot of trouble getting my Palm IIIxe to sync with Linux (Mandrake
9.2). I finally got it to work and then discovered that KPalm mucked up a
few of my Datebk entries that were repeating events. It also coulcn't pickup
my categories from my Palm - it has its own. The other major problem I have
found is that I can't turn any categories off selectively. So during my
holidays, I keep getting recuring event alarms ringing off when I'm in Linux
that don't ring off on my Palm. I made several posts to this group but I
didn't get much help unfortunately. (see threads called "JPilot or KPilot").
Also this morning I had an alarm go off on my Palm which said that my
parents anniversary was today and that they were married in 1921 (well
before they were born). This problem has been introduced either by KPilot or
by JPilot. I will have to do a hard reset and restore my Palm from windows
to get it back to how it should be!
I hope you do better than I did.
My eariler threads chronical my struggles and my successes - you might get
help from reading them.

Groer