List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: RSS feed - bug report
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-03-30 6:45:08

On Sunday 28 March 2004 03:54, pavka@pavka.com.au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am building a news aggregator site at http://feedz.info/ and was trying
> to add the KOffice feed there too, but I run into a problem - the feed
> doesn't have <link> tags, so it all comes up as a bit of a mess. See:
> http://feedz.info/modules.php?op=modload&name=HeadLines&c=497

I suppose that you are talking about the KOffice Developer News, not the
normal KOffice News (which is an invalid RSS 0.91 feed.)

When I look in the RSS 2.0 documentation (or even back at the RSS 0.92
specification) at the specification for <item>, I see that <link> elements
are optional if <description> elements are used. There is no <link> in the
KOffice Developer News, as the items/"stories" are complete.

RSS 2.0: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss
RSS 0.92: http://backend.userland.com/rss092

> Regards
> Pavel