List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: apps/ftp.kde.com
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2003-12-06 16:09:43

Hi,

> I chatted with scoop a bit, here are the facts:
>
> - he agrees that duplication is bad.
> - their site php code or database is not available

This is bad and makes us dependent.

> - submissions will still have to go through the regular freshmeat
>   contribution/review cycle.

This does not offer us much flexibility.

> - The webpage is mostly based on templates and therefore can
>   be customized to our look&feel.

Fine.

> - either http://kde.freshmeat.net or http://apps.kde.org/ would be
>   possible
> - as long as the customized webpage still contains a freshmeat
>   branding and the regular ads, they would be happy to provide
>   bandwidth, server and maintenance.

We must have some say with regards to all contents (so that we are allowed to
migrate away later taking _all_ contents with us) and also we need some say
with regards to the branding/advertizing.

> What do you think? IMHO this sounds quite good.

I am not really impressed. In addition the fact that fm belongs to  va
software is not a plus.

IMHO the best solution would be to move everything including the code from
a.k.c to a.k.o.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de