List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       Markus Feilner <mfeilner () f-linux ! com>
Date:       2001-05-22 20:39:10

hello list,
sorry, i don't believe it's an nvidia problem:
I have a matrox millenium II AGP with 8Mb ram,
and the amount of ram X consumes increases heavily up to 120-150MB Ram,
when I work with many windows on several desktops for some hours.
(sorry - no example)
i had several crashes like you mentioned, but i didn't figure that there
might be a connection to the amount of memory X consumes, so I can't tell
about that.
but if i don't work with X, it stays constantly at about 50-60MB.
( 3291 root      11   0 55188  39M  8700 R     1.1 32.0  74:31 X )

- i'm using kde 2.1.1 under x 4.02 under kernel 2.4.0, i have 128MB ram and
120MB swapspace)
this seems to happen only under kde, as far i can see.
thanks a lot

--
from/von/de           >mfeilner@f-linux.com<
Markus Feilner   --------------------------- Linux, Webdesign,