List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       dfox () m206-157 ! dsl ! tsoft ! com (David E !  Fox)
Date:       2001-05-22 4:28:10

> Lessee .. I've got 12 desktops, 1600x1200, every 30 minutes I get another
> picture (jpeg) on the background,

Hmm. I wonder if it's backing-storing those jpegs? I may try opening up
a bunch of those. I tried that sometime back for another mailing list I
subscribe to because one of the posters was concerned about a memory link
in gimp. I watched the gimp process; it didn't begin to eat up a lot of
memory. I wasn't watching X that closely, however.

> 6 or 7 kopnqueror windows, a bunch of Konsoles and xterms, xmms,
> taskbar with various items.

That's usually a bit more stuff than I normally work with :).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.