List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Kpilot 4.0
From:       downtime null <downtime () austin ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-03-31 6:18:41

hmm.. it should be installed. do 'whereis kpilot' and see if there's more
than one instance. you may have to manually remove the the old one, or
whatever uninstall you may have (i.e. rpm -e or make uninstall). then
reinstall the kde-pim with 'rpm -Uvh --force'. that will go through the
install and update stuff. then try running it again.

On Thursday 29 March 2001 06:42, Peter Gassner wrote:
> no, I actually installed from suse rpms. but I had previously kde1 running
> with kpilot 3.x configured. you are right about changing a line: on the
> kpilot homepage it says: "remove DO_NOT_COMPILE from config.in". I have no
> idea what this config.in thing is, though. would i have to reinstall the
> kde-pim package, or will it work afterwards?
>
> At 21:00 28.03.01, downtime null wrote:
> >did you install from tarballs? i seem to remember something in one of the
> >docs about changing a line in a file or a configure option or something. i
> >looked and couldn't find where i read that though. i installed from rpm
> > and kpilot 4.0 is fine.
> >
> >except for a couple of things. i haven't been able to get the KOrganizer
> >Conduits to work (calendar and todo). has anyone had any luck with this?
> >
> >On Wednesday 28 March 2001 08:07, Peter Gassner wrote:
> > > fellow palm users ;)
> > >
> > > I recently installed kde2.1 including the kde-pim package. this should
> > > install kpilot 4.0. but when I start kpilot, version 3.x shows up
> > > instead of the new one. I can't use kpilot 3.x under kde2 because the
> > > hotsync daemon doesn't work.
> > > does anyone know a simple solution to this?
> > >
> > > _peter
> > >
> > > p.s. i'm looking for tips and tricks to use my palm with linux. does
> > > anyone know a good website? can I get avantgo running under linux?

| downtime null                 email :: downtime@austin.rr.com |
| AIM :: downtimenull :: ICQ :: 11114982 :: Yahoo :: _downtime_ |
|               URL :: http://downtime.dyndns.org               |
|  A6 E9 87 32 6C BF 6E F7 F1 64 CD 97 3E E8 B8 2E 78 80 8A D0  |