List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: KDE 2.0 rpm install
From:       Arnab_Ganguly <Arnab_Ganguly () HST ! Satyam ! com>
Date:       2000-10-31 10:22:52

Vladim,

I am on a RH 6.2 system and am using Red Hat Source RPMS from ftp.esat.net.
I can install qt-2.2.1 and kdesupport but CANNOT BUILD flex-2.5.4a-13 on RH
6.2 and am unable to build Kdelibs 2.0-1 because I get a failed dependency
message saying >= flex-2.5.4a-13 is required for Kdelibs.
I just installed the Kdelibs-2.0rc2 instead and all other (kdebase rc2 ,,
etc) rc2 packages. My system seems to work fine now with konqueror etc
working.

Where could I get a flex-2.5.4a-13.i386 rpm for Red hat 6.2 ? Other wise how
do I build this source RPM.

rpm --rebuild  flex-2.5.4a-13 seems to configure and compile things Ok but
while installing it says:

fg:  no job control
/var/tmp/flex-root : no such file or directory

glob could not find:	 /var/tmp/flex-root/usr/bin
glob could not find:	 /var/tmp/flex-root/usr/lib
exit 0

The binary rpm DOES NOT BUILD at all!! Any solutions so that I can actually
upgrade kdelibs to the 2.0-1 version after handlind this flex thing??

Thanks for any help.

Arnab