List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kmail questions
From:       Marcin Landowski <qliver () home ! mck ! pl>
Date:       1999-10-29 22:10:09

On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 09:44:04AM +0100, Thomas Ribbrock Design/DEG" wrote:

> I'm in the process of evaluating kmail. While I really like the way it
> interacts with kfm and other k-apps, I have a few questions:
>
> 1) Is there any easy way to get it to use other system folders than
>    "inbox", "outbox", "trash", "sent-mail"? I need to change this, as I
>    have another mail program in use as well (XFmail), which already uses
>    those names for its folders - but as directories, as opposed to
>    kmails usage as mbox files (and unfortunately, kmail crashes
>    miserably on startup if it can't create its "inbox", etc.)

make links, if the name of the folder is the same - the name of the
link can be different :-);
I can under kmail use folders in ~/mail, ~/Mail and ~/nsmail without
any problems :-)));
the original kmail folders (created on startup first time) live alone!!!
;-)

> 2) Is there any way to get kmail to leave mails in the spool folder?
>    I've only seen such an option for POP ("Leave on server"), but I'd
>    need it for spool files as well, again because I use other mail
>    programs in parallel.

No, kmail force to take all mail from spool folder. U can try appropriate
links, but it is some complicated. The best way is to sort mail to
different tematical folders before using kmail - try fetchmail & procmail.
Sorted mail U can easy use with kmail :-).

> 3) Has anybody figured out a way to import/convert addresses from other
>    mail programs (namely Sun mailtool and XFmail) into kmail's
>    Addressbook?

kmail addressbook is very poor :-(, I simply copy addresses to it by
"mouse coping" :-)...

--
 ~QLIVER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marcin Landowski~~~~~~~~