List:       kde-user
Subject:    kmail questions
From:       "Thomas Ribbrock \(Design/DEG\)" <argathin () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-10-28 8:44:04

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of evaluating kmail. While I really like the way it
interacts with kfm and other k-apps, I have a few questions:

1) Is there any easy way to get it to use other system folders than
   "inbox", "outbox", "trash", "sent-mail"? I need to change this, as I
   have another mail program in use as well (XFmail), which already uses
   those names for its folders - but as directories, as opposed to
   kmails usage as mbox files (and unfortunately, kmail crashes
   miserably on startup if it can't create its "inbox", etc.)

2) Is there any way to get kmail to leave mails in the spool folder?
   I've only seen such an option for POP ("Leave on server"), but I'd
   need it for spool files as well, again because I use other mail
   programs in parallel.

3) Has anybody figured out a way to import/convert addresses from other
   mail programs (namely Sun mailtool and XFmail) into kmail's
   Addressbook?

I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with some insight here.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919