List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Problems with kppp in KDE (Linux Red Hut 5.2)
From:       "Steve Winston" <pibaw () hotmail ! com>
Date:       1999-02-28 19:25:45

Hy, make sure you have the following scripts in the /etc/ppp directory:
ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, ppp-off. Also, you must have the /etc/ppp/options
file.
If the scripts aren't in the directory already, use locate or whereis to
find them. I can't remember where they normally reside until you put
them in the ppp directory. De todos modos, make sure that the options
file no longer contains "lock" in it. PPP-on must be configured to meet
your own needs, but it has abundant notes to help you do that. Also, you
have to tell your dialer if you are using PAP or not. Hope all this
helps. I was using only these scripts until I got KDE. Then, I went over
to KPPP and it's terrific.
adios, Steve W.

>Hi, my problem is that when I press the buttom connect on the kppp
program,
>the machine dials, it conects, but it stops when it arrives to the part
of
>login.  I have read and maybe the probles is that i dont have a script.
How