List:       kde-user
Subject:    Cannot launch applications using "K" application launcher
From:       Peter Butler <peter.butler () xtra ! co ! nz>
Date:       1999-02-28 19:29:09

Hi All

I'm sorry if this is a common question, but I've looked through the
archives and
I can't see anything to answer it.  The problem is that when I try to
launch any
programs using the application launcher (the "K" icon), nothing happens
(for
example, clicking on "K->KDE Control Center" does
nothing).  I can run applications by clicking from the desktop, from kfm

and from the command line, but not at all from the application launcher
menu.  The KDiskNavigator works fine, though, as does the WindowList
menu.
Is this a configuration problem or is it a bug in KDE?

Environment details:
Linux: RedHat 5.2, glibc-2.0.7-29
X Server: XFree86-3.3.2.3-25
KDE: 1.1