List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker report
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-08-28 22:45:59

hi...

On August 29, 2001 01:07 am, Jim Conner wrote:
> The usability report(html version) has been redone as a web-based, database
> system.  It will be beta-tested and implemented soon.  I haven't gotten KDE

this should be very nice! thanks to everyone who worked on it!

> I'll either put this report in the new format or let you know when it's
> available so you can do it.  Currently I don't know who the Kicker lead
> programmer is or exactly how to find that info out.

matthias elter (elter@kde.org) oversees much of the kicker development,
though many have contributed to it. from personal experience, he often tends
to be very busy but is very good about paying attention to things that effect
kicker, even if it takes him a few days to address it.

(to find out who is the lead on a program you can either look in the source
headers or take a look at the About box (for kicker, RMB on a panel, Help ->
About KDE Panel).)

as for interfacing w/the developers themselves, please be sensitive to their
needs and viewpoints. many are doing this on their own time and being purely
critical, offering what can be seen as merely "your opinion", or stepping
outside of your expertise can have undesirable effects. i think the usability
project is _very_ important, but to have positive results it needs to
motivate the developers properly.

ok. i think i've send that before on this list. i'll be quiet now. promise =)

--
Aaron Seigo