List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re:How non-programmers use documentation.
From:       Matt Clark <matt () flowine ! com>
Date:       2001-08-25 6:34:26

Everything Kevin has deduced, I support.  Speaking strictly from personal
experience I'll add this.

When looking for very basic features I'll utilize help buttons, and built-in
help pages.  If it has anthing to do with config pages, I go straight online.

I use search engines to find very specifc information or files when I don't
exactly know where to go looking.  Google is very good about getting me the
data I want.  Try searching for 'pcmcia-cs' to see what I mean.)

I will say that no matter if I use help files or not, if they are not there,
a piece of software looks unfinished to me.

Take care,
Matt