List:       kde-usability
Subject:    LWE Questionnaire - Please Review! (was URGENT: Questions for next monday
From:       "Jennifer E Jobst" <jobst () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 23:38:10

Hi all,

Attached is version 1.2 of the LWE questionnaire.  I've incorporated Jim
and Matt's suggestions.  If you have any comments or suggestions, please
send them to me no later than 5pm central standard time (US) on Thursday.
That way I'll be able to incorporate the fixes and get the finished
questionnaire into the appropriate format for use at the conference on
Monday.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-j

(See attached file: Questionnaire_1.2.txt)
["Questionnaire_1.2.txt" (application/octet-stream)]

Thank you for agreeing to participate in this Linux user study! Your answers to the
questions below will help us better understand Linux user's needs. Just type or write
your answers in the spaces below.

Name:
City:				State/Province:		Country:
Email:

May we contact you if we have further questions? 	Yes	No

Age:
	_ less than 20
	_ 20-30
	_ 30-40
	_ 40-50
	_ 50-60
	_ 60+

Gender:
	_ Female
	_ Male

Your job title:

Give a brief description of what you *really* do:

How long have you been a Linux user?

	_ not at all
	_ less than 6 months
	_ 6 months-1year
	_ 1-2yrs
	_ 2-5yrs
	_ more than 5yrs

Is Linux your primary operating system?

	_ Yes
	_ No (if no, then please list primary OS) ________________

If you have a secondary OS, what is it?  ________________________

How would you describe yourself as a Linux user?

	_ Novice
	_ Intermediate
	_ Net/Sys Admin

Do you have any experience with UNIX?

	_ not at all
	_ less than 6 months
	_ 6 months-1year
	_ 1-2yrs
	_ 2-5yrs
	_ more than 5yrs

If so, in what capacity was you UNIX experience?

Please rank your comfort level with the command line:

Not at all	1	2	3	4	5	Extremely
comfortable						comfortable

How did you get into Linux?

	_ Friend showed me and I was hooked
	_ Curious about free UNIX
	_ Forced to at work/school/home (circle one)
	_ Disenchanted by other OSes

Do you use Linux:	Not at all	At home	At work		Both

What Linux distribution do you use?

	_ Caldera
	_ Debian
	_ Mandrake
	_ RedHat
	_ Slackware
	_ SuSE
	_ Turbo
	_ Other (please specify) _________________________________

Do you work mostly in:

	_ Console mode
	_ Gnome
	_ KDE
	_ Other XWindow Manager (please specify) ___________________________

Is there a specific reason why you selected this environment to work in?

Are there environments you intentionally do *not* use?  If so, which ones, and why not?

What is your web browser of choice?

	_ Konquerer
	_ Links
	_ Lynx
	_ Mozilla
	_ Opera
	_ Netscape
	_ Other (please specify) _______________________

Is there a particular reason why this is your browser of choice?

Are there browsers you intentionally do *not* use?  If so, which ones, and why not?

What is your email application of choice?

	_ Elm
	_ Kmail
	_ Mutt
	_ Netscape
	_ Pine
	_ Other (please specify) _____________________________________

Is there a particualr reason why this is your email application of choice?

Are there email apps you intentionally do *not* use?  If so, which ones, and why not?

What is your favorite office tool?

	_AbiSuite
	_ Applixware
	_ Koffice
	_ StarOffice

Is there a particualr reason why this is your office tool of choice?

Are there office tools you intentionally do *not* use?  If so, which ones, and why not?