List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Draft Usability report for Kaddressbook
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 21:38:52

Hi...

> Comments and thoughts please.

#1-2: You can print your entire book or just individual contacts in 2.2

Your points about grouping contacts and shared address books (e.g. ldap) are
bang on (and already under consideration by developers, which is a good
initial step anyways)

also, based on watching my wife using it and my own experiences i'd add
things such as (in no particularly useful order. my apologies):

 o the number of phone #s seems to be static at 7. it would be nice to be
able to add/remove phone #s much as postal and email addresses are.
 o it isn't obvious how to change the "User Defined:" strings for Phone#
types 4-8
 o Edit -> Configure This File doesn't clearly express what it does, and the
dialog it pops up lacks any explanatory text
 o Keyboard navigation is difficult. For instance switching between business
card and editing view, there is no keyboard shortcut.
 o Since the business card editing views are mutually exclusive they should
be represented by one menu item (as opposed to the current 2 seperate items)
whose text changes depending on which view is currently employed.
 o Printing shortcut is Ctrl-T for all contacts or Ctrl-E for the current
contact. Ctrl-P is the standard used everywhere else for printing. The
default print action should use Ctrl-P (or rather, whatever the user has
defined in the applications shortcuts in the kcontrol)
 o In the edit view, the Comment tab is the only non-user definable tab that
lacks a keyboard shortcut
 o the user is asked to save changes when switching records in some
situations where nothing is actually modified (example: go to the telephone
tab and change the value of one of the drop downs but do not enter a number)
 o the birthday tab is nice, but adding other items such as aniversaries
would be very useful (possible korganizer integration?)

i'm sure there is more.

--
Aaron Seigo

Dan