List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Progress
From:       Matt Clark <matt () flowine ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 15:59:06

Hi Emerald and all,

> Does it matter how many people do it? :)  The more people we can get, the
> better.  If you can, videotape the evaluation as well.

Hey, this is a family list! {:>))

Actually, that is a good idea.  I don't know how sophisticated things will
get.  Having a small tape recorder to catch user comments would be easy, and
very usefull however.

I say the more proctors we have the merrier.  Jennifer is developing a
comprehensive guide for proctors so that we can have some consistency.  We
have been working out a web based system where anyone who wants can download
a standardized study, administer, and then report the results back.  We are
also working on a way to let developers and anyone else who wants to create
tasks that the study would put the user through.  That should help keep the
study topical, and interest high.

> I would love to see the results of your study!

You will not only be able to see the results of the study, but contribute to
what type of results we go after.

Take care,
Matt