List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Progress
From:       Emerald Arcana <emerald-arcana () home ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 14:27:13

On August 17, 2001 11:12 am, mattc wrote:

> Thanks for the welcome Jim,
> You did catch me not doing my homework.  I'll make up for it this weekend.
> Has anyone else picked this ball up yet? (designing a study for newbie
> users)

Does it matter how many people do it? :)  The more people we can get, the
better.  If you can, videotape the evaluation as well.

Every time we do an evaluation with a new user we can get more information.
It would be better still to be able to evaluate individual applications and
their most common tasks as well, in addition to "KDE" as a whole.  For
example, we can get a user in KMail to create a POP3 mail account, send mail,
receive mail, edit settings, and then change the customization of their
windows.  You would watch them carefully and see where they "stumble" on.

I would love to see the results of your study!
--
-- Arcana