List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: URGENT: Questions for next monday for Njaard
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 7:44:34

Very good points here!  I've never been to one of these types of functions,
but I know that people want questionaires to be simple and quick to fill out.
 If it is in essay format, they won't do it because they might not have time
to see the booths they want to see.  Simple multiple choice, logical and
short answer questions are the best.  We'll be lucky to get complete
sentences for some of these.  I opened the .rtf file in Abiword 0.7.14(KWord
1.0 wouldn't do it), and read through the questions.  I'm attaching an
updated version of the file with my comments/corrections/additions.

Jim

--

  1:42am  up 29 days,  2:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.02
Running Caldera eD2.4 - Linux - because life is too short for reboots...

["Questionnaire_1.1.rtf" (text/rtf)]

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0
{\fonttbl
{\f0\fnil\fcharset0\fprq0\fttruetype Arial;}
{\f1\fnil\fcharset0\fprq0\fttruetype Times New Roman;}}
{\colortbl
\red0\green0\blue0;}
\kerning0\cf0\viewkind1\paperw12240\paperh15840\margl1440\margr1440\widowctl
\sectd\sbknone\colsx360
\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Notes to self: All options should be in alphabetical \
order} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 *************************************}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Name:}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f1 City:\tab\tab\tab\tab State/Province:\tab\tab Country:}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Email:}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 May we contact you if we have further questions? \
\tab Yes\tab No} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Age:\tab  less than 20\tab 20-30\tab 30-40\tab \
40-50\tab 50-60\tab 60+} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Gender:\tab\tab Female\tab\tab Male}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Your job title:}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Give a brief description of what you *really* do:}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 How long have you been a Linux user?\tab not at \
all\tab less than 6 months\tab 6 months-1year\tab\tab 1-2yrs\tab\tab 2-5yrs\tab \
>5yrs} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Is Linux your primary operating system?\tab\tab \
Yes\tab\tab No (if no, then please list primary OS)________________} \
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1 \par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 How would you describe \
yourself as a Linux user?} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Novice \tab\tab Intermediate\tab\tab \
Advanced\tab\tab Net/Sys Admin} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 (we should come up with short descriptions for each \
of these)} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 How did you get into Linux?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Friend showed me}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Self interest}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Forced to at work/school/home(circle one)}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Disenchanted by other OSes}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Curious about free UNIX}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Do you use Linux:\tab Not at all\tab At home\tab At \
work\tab\tab Both} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 What Linux distribution do you use?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Caldera\tab\tab Mandrake\tab Debian\tab\tab \
Slackware\tab SuSE\tab\tab Turbo\tab\tab RedHat\tab\tab Other (please specify)} \
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1 \par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Do you work mostly \
in:\tab\tab console mode\tab\tab KDE\tab\tab Gnome\tab\tab Other XWindow Manager \
(please specify)} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Any particular reason?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 What is your web browser of choice?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Mozilla\tab\tab Opera\tab\tab Konquerer\tab \
Netscape\tab Lynx\tab\tab Links\tab\tab Other (please specify)} \
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1 \par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Is there a particular \
reason?} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 What is your email application of choice?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Pine\tab\tab Kmail\tab\tab Elm\tab\tab \
Mutt\tab\tab Netscape\tab Other (please specify)} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 Is there a particualr reason?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20 What is your favorite office tool?}
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1{\f0\fs20\tab Koffice\tab\tab StarOffice\tab Applixware\tab \
AbiSuite\tab Other (please specify)} \par\pard\sl240\slmult1
\par\pard\sl240\slmult1}