List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: user study
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-18 22:23:17

With this test, we need to collect demographics from the user.  With this we
can see what experience each user has with computers in general, various
OSes, Linux, KDE, and other desktops/window managers.  This testing needs to
be done with the current, stable KDE2.2.

MIT has a Usability test for Athena here:
http://web.mit.edu/is/usability/aui/test1.html

The Gnome Study that you were looking for can be found here:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/ut1_report/report_main.html

Unlike the MIT test, we need to have feedback on each Task that we have on
the website.  This could be used for both a self-administered test and a
formalized study.  The information collected here could be fed into a DB with
either php, perl or whatever you want.  The formalized study would have
printouts for the person administering the test and the person taking the
test.

Jim
--

  4:42pm  up 25 days, 17:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.10