List:       kde-usability
Subject:    I would like to get involved!
From:       Marcus Oliver Notz <linux () whohoo-designworx ! com>
Date:       2001-08-18 14:50:58

Hello KDE-Usability Team!

I 'stumbled' over the website while doing some research for an open project
and think what you are doing here is a very important and interesting thing.
I would like to get involved and offer my help for whatever it is needed. I
hope this is the right procedure to do so...

Quickly to me:
I am from Connecticut, U.S., born in Germany close to Stuttgart and moved to
here about 1.5 years ago, when I opened my business. We have a computer
technology and a marketing department and offer in both sides of the business
a well rounded package of consulting, services and products.

I work with linux since about 5 years now, preferably with S.u.S.E
Distributions. KDE I use from the first time it was offered in this distro.

We are using KDE in production-environment in our office for many tasks
already and implement more and more so that somewhen we really can get rid of
that 'other stuff' ;-)

I hold a masters degree in computer science and lots of other certification
you get down the way in work-life and never really need...LOL. I worked a few
years for the German Telekom AG where I first touched base with UNIX, before
I made a change to a large financial organization working with a mix of OS/2,
UNIX and MS systems. Nothing new for you if I tell you it was a challenge :).

The bulk of the skills I can offer to the group to help out lay in computer
technology in general, web-design and graphic-design. But basicly I would
love to help out with whatever is needed.

Ok, I better end it here now, I don't want to flood all the list members with
an essay over 2000 words.

I would love to hear back from you, have a great day all,
Marcus...;-)