List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Uasability reports for Korganizer and Konsole
From:       S A Jarrett-Sprague <sjarrettsprague () waitrose ! com>
Date:       2001-08-17 20:33:58

Hi

I have just put the konsole and Korganizer usability reports on my home page.

Visit www.users.waitrose.com/~sjarrettsprague/

and click on the links. It worked for me. Glad for any feedback.

I am looking at usability from these perspectives:

1. can my wife understand. i.e. can non-geeks who want to have lives use it
day to day.
2. does it look polished and business like. i.e. could I confidently show KDE
to work collegues and feel I was recommending a product as good as closed
sourced options.
3. could the 95% of the world who use MS users (sorry MAC users) take there
user paradigm and understand what to do, and know where to find help when
they don't.

Can't wait to see Koffice, and how it stacks up to MS Office.

Now shall I be brave and try loading KDE 2.2 onto a Redhat 7.1 machine ...

--
Regards
Stephen

The man that found Redhat 7.1, Java and Mozilla just don't work