List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Question API
From:       JP S-C <jp_sc () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 17:42:11

Jono Bacon wrote:
> OK, for the new site, I am going to have a rethink of the questin API to ensure
> it works perfectly. I still think the idea is sound of building a set of
> questions that we can just plug  into a questionnaire.

Were you thinking that each questionnaire would be generated randomly
from this pool of questions?

If so, I think this might cause some serious problems when trying to
analyze the data from the usability tests since even if some users
performed the same tasks, they would probably each be doing them in a
different order, so it would be difficult to say which UI elements were
particularly troublesome.  Does that make any sense? :-)

I would think a set questionnaire that is ordered in a specific,
purposeful way would not only make the data a lot more useful, but would
also give the study more credibiltiy when it is finished.

Best,

--JP
Organizer of the Linux Accessibility Conference 2001 and 2002
Founder and Co-Admin of Ocularis (http://ocularis.sourceforge.net)
Free Desktop Accessibility Working Group
(http://www.speechinfo.org/fdawg)
KDE-Accessibility Mailing List Founder