List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       yahoo-pier_andreit <pier_andreit () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2010-04-12 9:36:55

Peter wrote:
>>> That is of no interest for the user. Nowadays USB is highly used for
>>> removable storage, operating systems need to adapt to that. All the
>>> time some system is not used for what it was intended; but it is used
>>> because it serves a need.
>> I agree. My comments about "how to implement that" were not
>> disagreement, rather, they were serious questions. Like I said, the
>> machine should adapt to the user. Now come up with the technical
>> implementation.
>
> While I understand your interest, I question whether this list is appropriate
> for such a discussion. I raised the point that the problem was a system one
> so members would realize KDE (with other desktop developers) are attempting
> to resolve a problem they should not, imho, have to address.

I'm not an expert but only a user :-), but doing the parallel to
downloadmanager, in kde is there an option to manage all the downloads
trough kget, isn't in your opinion possible to have a kde option to
manage all file transfer through a "filetransfermanager", this is
independent from the filesystem and isn't a system problem, could be a
new kde feature.

ciao Pier