Peter wrote: > On Sunday 11 April 2010 16:35, Dotan Cohen wrote: >>>> No, USB was intended for connecting peripherals, not removable >>>> storage. The connectors are not even reliable for repeated plug/unplug >>>> cycles, that is why one must take care to pull _out_, not to shake >>>> back and forth. >>> That is of no interest for the user. Nowadays USB is highly used for >>> removable storage, operating systems need to adapt to that. All the >>> time some system is not used for what it was intended; but it is used >>> because it serves a need. >> I agree. My comments about "how to implement that" were not >> disagreement, rather, they were serious questions. Like I said, the >> machine should adapt to the user. Now come up with the technical >> implementation. > > While I understand your interest, I question whether this list is appropriate > for such a discussion. I raised the point that the problem was a system one > so members would realize KDE (with other desktop developers) are attempting > to resolve a problem they should not, imho, have to address. I'm not an expert but only a user :-), but doing the parallel to downloadmanager, in kde is there an option to manage all the downloads trough kget, isn't in your opinion possible to have a kde option to manage all file transfer through a "filetransfermanager", this is independent from the filesystem and isn't a system problem, could be a new kde feature. ciao Pier _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability