List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-04 19:50:22

> I think that if Dolphin also had that Eject icon next to the device entry in
> the Places panel, people would have an easier time recognizing the same icon
> in the Device Notifier.

I just asked my wife what _she_ thought of that.

In a word, no! Don't force users to learn this new (in her words
annoying) paradigm. The context menu is familiar to users and works
well. It is intuitive and easy to find and understand. If you want I
can make a round tomorrow and query a few other users what they think
about adding the ▲ icon to Dolphin, however, I can already tell you
that they are screaming for change to the Device Manager, not to
Dolphin. In fact, I personally fail to see how breaking Dolphin to be
like Device Manager could be considered a fix to the Device Manager.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com