List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Oxygen animations configuration
From:       Leo Spalteholz <leo.spalteholz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-01 1:45:38

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Hugo Pereira Da Costa
<hugo@oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> ok so here is first draft of version2:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/42123798@N03/4148978350/sizes/o/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/42123798@N03/4148218997/sizes/o/

I think that looks good.   I would advocate that the two options for
widget glow and progress bars should be combined into one, but I think
your dialog is a fine solution considering the string freeze.   This
also makes the "Tabs" tab look less empty.

> I guess I could, in the first screenshot, group the three options into
> one "enable animations"
> but then it would be strange to have the tab animations in a separate
> tab, and on top of that it is unclear if unchecking "enable animations"
> in the general tab should or should not also disable the "animate tab
> transitions" checkbox. (I understood it is usually a bad idea to make
> one widget state depend on another widget located in a different tab ...)

Totally agree.  I think the way you have it is great and clearly grouped.

From 8 to 4 options, and one less tab!  I hope this can get accepted,
and thank you for your work!

Leo