List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Oxygen animations configuration
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2009-11-30 23:27:10

On 11/30/2009 03:55 PM, Markus wrote:

>> The Oxygen animations configuration dialog is completely insane.
>>
> 1.) Use nicer language please. Probably the Oxygen team is currently pissed at
> the Usability team for some harsh language that was exchanges recently. No
> need to enforce that. ;-)
>
> 2.) I bet that this is not the final design.
>
> 3.) I followed parts of the conversation regarding the animation
> implementation. There was much support for finer grained config than only
> "switch everything on/off". Some (such as myself) even suggested slide bars to
> even configure the animation speed. :-)
>
> If anyone has KDE Trunk installed, I'd appreciate it when (s)he sends
> screenshots of the whole config dialog. Then we can work on mockups that keep
> fine grained configurability (maybe combining the mouse hover animations and
> moving the checkboxes to other tabs).

In fact, both pinheiro and I as far as I know, agree that the whole
oxygen configuration stuff is quite bad.
Here are screenshots of each tab:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42123798@N03/
(pictures are called "tab1" to "tab6")

Any mockup highly appreciated (I know the current state is not satisfactory)

On a side note, the previous incarnation of this config dialog was a
single panel with many group boxes and already raised quite some
discussions on the usability side. Remember some proposal to have all
boxes ordered vertically.