List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Ark: extract and quick extract
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-06-26 16:01:51

Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> 2009/6/25 Matthew Woehlke:
>> The top level is a submenu. (Won't work so well if you're trying to use
>> the same action for the button.) Note that the "(Quick Extract To...)"
>> is just me listing the existing grayed-out text.
> OK, but wouldn't pressing Ctrl+E and clicking on Extract To do the
> same thing? This is what we're trying to avoid here.

Yes they will do the same thing. Why is that a problem? From the menu,
you can only click on one of them. The toolbar will only have one of them.

> But is it possible to leave an item only on the menu? It's an action,
> so the user is able to add it to the toolbar by right-clicking the
> toolbar and configuring it, no? We'd then end up with two actions
> doing the same thing.

So? If a user wants to do that, I say let them. (Maybe they don't want
the quick-extract flavor on their toolbar.) It won't be there by
default, so it is only "weird" if the user intentionally makes it so. I
don't have a problem with that.

...or just do what Maciej suggested ;-).

--
Matthew
 > pinotree uses the large trout on tsdgeos and PutHuhn :)
 > PutHuhn runs
 > tsdgeos lights a fire and eats the trout
(with apologies to Pino Toscano, PutHuhn and Albert Astals Cid, who came
up with this entirely on their own)