List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Ark: extract and quick extract
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-26 7:13:41

On Thursday 25 June 2009 23:53:10 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:

> Let me try to explain what is going on.

It is really better to attach a screenshot :-) -- one image can tell
more than longer description.

> From a usability point of view, what's the best option?

With keeping current UI -- providing such actions:
a) extract here
b) extract to (no submenu)

ad.b) initial directory should be last used

ad.ab) there is no strong need for keeping several directories
previously used directly in Ark, because user could pick that
directory in directory dialog -- and besides such approach is more
flexible, because user is able to "tweak" such directory

Cheers,