List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2008-11-20 12:54:42

On Thursday 20 November 2008 13:01:34 Mike Arthur wrote:

> That plugin in Eclipse does what you have asked from the menu AND
> shows help for a second or two in a large tooltip like thing that
> stays around for a bit.
>
> I wasn't suggesting using this for keyboard shortcuts but instead
> for showing e.g. toolbar icons. For instance, perhaps they could
> flash or change colour for a few seconds after a user selects the
> same action from a menu.

?

Now I feel embarrassed because I still don't catch the idea :-). Maybe
this way please (I just want to grasp idea what this feature does):

The first paragraph:

1. user turns this feature on
2. user (using mouse) opens edit menu
3. user hovers over "copy"
4. the large tooltip with help appears

The 2nd paragraph

1. user turns this feature on
2. user (using mouse) opens edit menu
3. user clicks "copy"
4. the menu closes
5. the "copy" button in the toolbar flashes

How am I doing with understanding?

Cheers :-),