List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Localised folders in /home/user (Documents and Desktop)
From:       David Roberts <dvdr18 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-25 7:41:00

> When opening a removabledevice there should be now way to get to ../
> from the GUI. That way the removable device would look like a separate
> entity. The same thing should apply to the Trash as it represents a
> different concept than the rest of the file system.
I don't see why there should be no way to access ../. Firstly, the parent
directory usually contains other removable devices (similar to Windows My
Computer). Secondly, if the user is in the directory of the device, and knows
that's where they are, I don't see why it matters whether or not they are
able to go up a directory.

--
David Roberts :)
http://kavenc.sf.net/