List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A different approach to kmails's filter-dialogue
From:       David Roberts <dvdr18 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-14 10:36:54

Yes, the current dialog is a little confusing/hard to use. You've obviously
put a lot of thought into this - I like it.

> The SPAM-filter simply picks the folder to copy/move the spam to, which app
> to use, whether to play a sound when new spam arrives, whether to mark it
> as read etc. This tab might also include the anti-virus settings.
Perhaps the current anti-spam/virus wizards could be merged into this.

> The current filter-dialogue would still be available, yet just as advanced
> GUI. The drawback of this new approach is that it cannot handle complex
> filter-rules that include several criteria, e.g. if email from xyz or zzz
> but not from bbb yet with ddd as CC and bigger than 5kb but not older than
> 5 days copy to folder abc.
IMHO all dialogs should have a basic interface(but not too basic of course),
as these are usually the most used actions, with an option for advanced
configurations.

--
David Roberts
http://kavenc.sf.net/