List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Printers and Scanners module for KDE4
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2006-11-08 9:40:50

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 09:37, Kåre Särs wrote:
> > Printers and scanners are complimentary. They are both used to transfer
> > printed media to and from the system. If they weren't similar at all,
> > then multipurpose devices would never have been invented.
>
> One is used for importing the other for exporting. I think that is enough
> to put them in separate modules.

I see them as completely different devices. There is a trend to combine the
two in one, lately, probably because then you can also sell them as
photocopiers.

I suspect scanners are not as common between users as printers, too.
I haven't a scanner at all, for example, and I don't plan to buy one. And I
do not see one here in the office, either.

Having one module to configure both devices does not look likely to simplify
the GUI for printing or for scanning.

Luciano
--
                                                            \\ //