List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Printers and Scanners module for KDE4
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-11-07 19:08:49

El Martes, 7 de Noviembre de 2006 17:31, Matthew Woehlke escribió:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > your conclusions are:
> >> Remove the Printer menu because its unnecessary and duplicated, so
> >> confused.
> >
> > quite true. however, there's nothing in the mockup that says "if you
> > click on this printer you'll get options". it's also quite non-standard
> > to click on something and have a context menu show.
>
> Right-clicking on something and getting a context menu is unusual?
> That's how it works in KDE3... I realize the mock-up didn't do that, but
> I was assuming that was because it can't catch right-click (which gives
> a context menu for the web browser instead).

I can catch the "right click" event with Javascript, but it's not possible to
disable the Konqueror or Firefox natural context menu, so two context menues
(the navigator' one and the javascript's one) would appear at the same time.
Because that I preferred just to use the left click in the mockup (and in
fact I hate Javascript and don't want to do excesive exotic things with it).

But yes, the idea is to use the common right click, as I explain in the
document.

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo