List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KOrganizer does not have "Save" button
From:       Harijs Buss <harijs () info-shelter ! net>
Date:       2006-10-23 17:54:54

On Monday 23 October 2006 17:35, Ellen Reitmayr rakstija:

> this is consistent with the other KDE PIM components (address book, mail,
> ..) which also do not require saving (have you ever missed it in KMail,
> KNotes or KAddressbook?).

What??  KMail most certainly _has_ "File -> Save As"  option and I use it
often.   KMail has also "Message -> Save in Drafts Folder" option in Composer
window - at least in KMail 1.9.5 in KDE 3.5.5 and all previous versions as
far as I remember.  They are very useful options and I surely would protest
if somebody suddenly might decide that these options are "not required any
longer"!

Autosave is _not_ replacement for manual "Save".  Mind you people like to
decide themselves what to save, when and under what name.  Sure we all
sometimes forget to save something and this is why Autosave is good - but
only as additional service, not as replacement for Save option.

Harijs