List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: (OT: HTML mail)
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-17 18:42:32

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:43:14AM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >> NO HTML MAIL PLEASE.
> > For the record, that was a dual-format mail.  Just set your preferences
> > to prefer plain text over HTML.  I believe in KMail that's the default.
> > (As I didn't even notice it contained HTML until you pointed it out.)
>
> Well, this particular e-mail seems to have not gotten along well with
> Thunderbird.  It didn't find the plain text version even though it was
> first in the message source.  I suppose that this is a TB bug.

mutt doesn't show the plain text, either. draw your conclusions ...

anyway, i've given up the fight against html mail (and ToFu and broken
threads). with increasing participation from corporate and non-technical
people, this battle simply cannot be won (until somebody nukes the
eastern suburbs of seattle). now i'm pondering how to make my mail
filter intelligent enough to restore thread structure and quoting and
improve formatting (lynx -dump does not qualify ...).