List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Home" name confusing
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-10-17 2:18:03

sbungay wrote:
> I agree with Mr. Roberts. I despise being forced into someone elses
> idea of how to organize my data/documents,

Nobody, certainly not me, is talking about forcing anyone to do things
in a certain way.  This is currently configurable (although there is a
bug in it).  What we are talking about is the best choice for a default.

> while at the same time I understand that there many potential users
> out there who like and want to have a structure set up for them. So
> the way it works now is perfect as it allows for both to exist...
> just don't force it... ask and give the user a choice.

There is certainly nothing perfect about a default which is a poor
choice and not suitable for newbies that are unlikely to change the
default for a while.

Since I had to modify the code to get what I wanted to work correctly, I
wouldn't say that the current setup allows for a choice and does tend to
force users to use the default.

--
JRT