List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KSnapshot 0.7 is great
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-10 19:16:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:51, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> OTOH, maybe someone will agree on a different thing: What about adding
> "Send email..." action? KMail already supports pasting from clipboard very
> nice, but "Send email..." could remove a need for finding KMail and pasting
> the content.

this was discussed quite extensively on k-c-d already.

the conclusion derived there was to rip out the Print button and replace with
an "Open With.." button that produces a drop menu with appropriate
applications (your preferred mail client could be one of them) giving the
user quick access to all sorts of functions such as cropping, printing,
scaling, sending, composing, etc.

otherwise we end up with a ksnapshot with 2^10 microfeatures that are actually
offered by other more competent apps already while making ksnapshot nigh
unusable. there are so many things one might do with a snapshot: upload to
flickr, upload to pastebin, crop, resize, add a shadow, add to documentation,
insert in slide show, email, send via instant message, annotate,
print, ....... Open With seems like a sane solution.

--
Aaron J. Seigo