List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Show desktop behaviour
From:       Zak Jensen <coolguyzak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-30 12:10:23

On 9/30/05, Sébastien Laoût <slaout@linux62.org> wrote:
<snip>

> However, I don't see what is different by openning a file/app and openning a
> folder/device. Why should they act differently?

Well, I consider opening folders and devices on the desktop to be
"desktop actions", and thus the desktop should still be displayed.
Meanwhile, opening an application or file presumes that you only
wanted to get to your desktop to double click that file.

Again, it may be that they shouldn't act differently. It depends on
what users find the most intuitive.

> Now, I tryed and, at least in KDE 3.4.0, the desktop is almost already doing
> that smart stuff...

Really? I thought this thread was about 3.4.x *not* doing what was expected.