List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Inconsistent messages in Add Applet ...
From:       Zak Jensen <coolguyzak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-29 0:22:39

On 9/28/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2005 17:48, Zak Jensen wrote:
> > On 9/28/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> > > how would one distinguish between adding an applicaton and adding an
> > > applet, then? they are two different entries and they aren't going to be
> > > merged into one.
> >
> > I don't quite understand this part. Could one of you elaborate on what
> > you're talking about? Are you talking about adding an application
> > launching button?
>
> if you look at the panel context menu there are two Add entries:
>
>         Add Applet to Panel...
>         Add Applicaton to Panel ->
>
> so if "Add Applet to Panel" just became "Add ..." or "Add to Panel..." even it
> would look a bit odd, no?

Ok, I see your point. Would it be better if applicication buttons were
included in the applet window, and it opened a new dialog when you
told the original dialog?

Then you could have "add applet to panel" instead of 2 separate menus.
My goal, in this case, would be to simplify the add menu eveno more
than it is now. I don't know how well adding another dialog would go
over though, or even if it is an adequate tradeoff.

In either case, thanks for the clarification :)