List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Tip of the day
From:       Joseph Garvin <k04jg02 () kzoo ! edu>
Date:       2005-09-12 21:43:16

Luciano Montanaro wrote:

>Something that could work, at least for the "general" tip of the day, at
>could be to have it embedded in the splash screen. Since the user is
>supposed to wait anyway, we could 'entertain' her a little.

I think that's a great idea. If anyone around here has been playing
console games lately you may have noticed a trend towards doing this
with load screens. Because the player/user has to wait anyway, it's more
likely they'll actually read the text. I've played a few games now where
waiting for the load I'd discover something new I could do.