List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User Resources
From:       Johan De Messemaeker <johan.demessemaeker () telenet ! be>
Date:       2005-08-23 15:16:21

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 15:08, Zak Jensen wrote:
> Hmm.. sounds like it could be an interesting application of Tenor/the CLE
> :D When you create a file that should be backed up, the application lets
> the CLE know, and then it stores something like "<meta>backmeup</meta>"

Exactly. And then add-on programs (let's call them backup programs for a lack
of better description) decide what to do with that information.

Because that's important too. Suppose that I don't want to create a 'usual'
backup but instead decide to put stuff under Subversion/CVS/arch.

I know, most users that want that kind of functionality know how to use those
tools. Other don't, and personally I think it would be _great_ if something
like this could be configured. Creating a documentation generator for a
special kind of data would be a trivial plugin.

I'm gonna stop drooling now :)

Regards, Johan