List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User Resources
From:       Johan De Messemaeker <johan.demessemaeker () telenet ! be>
Date:       2005-08-23 15:19:48

On Monday 22 August 2005 22:29, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > <backup>
> >   <title>Chat Logs</title>
> >   <path>.local/chat_logs/</path>
> >   <category>chat logs</category>
> > </backup>
>
> that's really about all you need. we'd probably have items to denote the
> pathing system. for instance in KDE that would be KDEDIRS... so it might
> be:
>
> <path system="kdedirs" local="true">kopete/logs</path>

Would it be a good idea to store some more information in this (like nfs://,
ftp://, http:// ...) ? kioslaves is really powerfull and it would be great to
be able to use that kind of functionallity. It is then still the
responsibility of the client program to deal with this.

kioslaves is great for this, I know :P

Regards, Johan