List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Viewing compressed files.
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-05-25 16:34:40

Since this appears to have confused me slightly I wonder if it is a
usability issue.

I consider archive files (tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, zip ... ) to be files,
but Konqueror treats them as though they are directories.

So, I thought that I could configure what happens if I left click an
archive file.  I can't -- at least I can't do it as a File Association.
  If I left click the file, it opens in Konqueror as though it was a
directory.

Should this behavior be configurable as a File Association?

--
JRT