List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Viewing compressed files.
From:       Daniel Marcel Eichler <sango.chaoswind () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-25 18:13:59

James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:

> I consider archive files (tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, zip ... ) to be files,
> but Konqueror treats them as though they are directories.

AFAIK is this a feature from ark. War-files, the web-archives have this also.

I hope someone could code this for desktop-files with an url inside
also in near
future. This allow a better integration of kio-slaves.

> So, I thought that I could configure what happens if I left click an
> archive file.  I can't -- at least I can't do it as a File Association.
>   If I left click the file, it opens in Konqueror as though it was a
> directory.

Hehe, yes. I thought also, a mime-like config for kio-slaves and
extensions like this above could be a real usability-jump for kde.

As i remember, there exist a bug at bugs.kde.org which clear this
point in the feature and allow the configuration whether an archive
should be handle as a dir or only as file.

mfg

Daniel