List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Taskbar RMB popup layout
From:       Marco Martin <martkive () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-12 13:44:46

ra1n wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 09:21, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
<snip>
>> really unhappy with the default kicker layout in general.
>
> Well I don't like the default layout too, but I find screen bottom a
> good place for the taskbar, my desktop is like the standard gnome one,
> with a taskbar at bottom, and another bar on top, with menus, systray
> clock, the bar becomes too cluttered,also it creates problems with macos
> like menus for the same reason.
> At bottom you have a big area that manages only windows, while the top
> area of the screen manages applications and notifications, that seems a
> good layout to me (while there is still room for improvement)

my setup is similar, but for the reason of taskbar RMB button order it's
quite reversed: it has k-menu, taskbar and system tray at the
top(because the k-menu has shut down on the bottom and systray icons RMB
menu has quit button on the bottom too).
Pager and various buttons are at the bottom.
but i think it's too subjective for reaching a common agreement :-)