ra1n wrote: > Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > >> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 09:21, Luciano Montanaro wrote: >> really unhappy with the default kicker layout in general. > > Well I don't like the default layout too, but I find screen bottom a > good place for the taskbar, my desktop is like the standard gnome one, > with a taskbar at bottom, and another bar on top, with menus, systray > clock, the bar becomes too cluttered,also it creates problems with macos > like menus for the same reason. > At bottom you have a big area that manages only windows, while the top > area of the screen manages applications and notifications, that seems a > good layout to me (while there is still room for improvement) > my setup is similar, but for the reason of taskbar RMB button order it's quite reversed: it has k-menu, taskbar and system tray at the top(because the k-menu has shut down on the bottom and systray icons RMB menu has quit button on the bottom too). Pager and various buttons are at the bottom. but i think it's too subjective for reaching a common agreement :-) _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability