List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE improvement suggestions
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-02-25 21:11:06

Uno Engborg wrote:
> Esben Mose Hansen wrote:

>>> Actually, the current state fails the discoverability test as well, you
>>> can't find "link here" anywhere.
>>>

>> That sentence doesn't make sense. It is as discoverable as it going to
>> get with the current drag&drop mechanism. It is just as discoverable
>> as copy, move, ie, when you drop a file, it will be in the menu.
>>

> No, you can perform the move and copy operations from the edit menu by
> doing cut and
> paste. There is no similar way to do a link.

Don't change the cards on the table, it is not fair.

You proposed a windows-like approach where the menu only appears when you
right-drag. Esben said your proposal would be less discoverable than the
current state, because people would not even _try_ to drag with the right button.

To that, you reply there is no way to create a link _without_ drag and drop
(Paste as link). This is true, but is a _completely different matter_ and a
completely different request. I suggest you to make up your mind first, only
then to speak.

Maurizio